Onion omelette: the classic onion omelette recipe or onion and vegetable omelette. Recipes with onions and tips for not crying.
There onion it is an ingredient that cannot be missing in the kitchen as it gives aroma and flavor to many recipes.
Among the recipes based on onions, the most practical is undoubtedly the onion omelette, a classic of Italian cuisine. It is a dish that goes very well with a light salad and can be enjoyed both freshly made and at room temperature.
There onion omelette it is very simple to prepare and even those who are novice in the culinary field can cook it.
The only recommendation is to use organic eggs, recognizable thanks to the brand affixed to each egg: make sure that the number 0 is in front of the code.
How to slice onions without crying
To prepare oursonion omeletteyou will need to slice this delicious vegetable. The only contraindication is that, while slicing the onions, there will be burning in the eyes and tearing.
But why do onions make you cry? Tearing eyes when cutting onions is a completely normal reaction. Onions contain volatile substances which they release when cut. With tearing, our eye protects itself by diluting, in tears, the volatile substances released by the torn vegetable cells of onions.
How to peel onions without crying? Many recommend letting onions soak before slicing but we do not recommend this practice. The onion should be sliced fresh and dry so as not to lose any aroma.
If you just can't resist, you can wash the bulbs after keeping them in the freezer for a quarter of an hour. A remedy that better respects the organoleptic properties of onions is even more effective: try peeling and slicing the onions wearing a pair of swimming goggles, your eyes won't water!
How to make onion omelette
Here how to make onion omelette following our recipe. The ingredients for an omelette for 4 people.
- 6 eggs
- 3 medium onions
- A sprig of parsley
- 50 grams of grated Romano cheese
- A handful of raisins
- A handful of pine nuts
- A glass of white wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
Now let's move on to preparing this recipe.
In the tastier variant you can remove the raisins and pine nuts and add some pancetta. I recommend this recipehe wants fresh bacon and not smoked or worse… dried bacon type!
Onion omelette recipe, procedure
To slice the onions without crying, use a pair of gym goggles ... better not to spoil the goodness and aromas contained in the onions by causing thermal shocks from the freezer or long baths in water. Here's how to proceed:
- Take the onions, peel them and clean them.
- Then cut the onions into small pieces and chop coarsely.
- Take a non-stick pan and pour in the onions with a drizzle of oil.
- Brown over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often with a wooden spoon.
- Add the wine, pine nuts and raisins to the onions and wait for the wine to evaporate before extinguishing under the heat.
- Beat the eggs well, add the cheese, pepper, finely chopped parsley and finally the browned onion.
- Mix well until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil and cook for 5 minutes.
- With the help of a lid, turn the onion omelette on the other side and cook for another 3 minutes: before turning off, make sure that the onion omelette is cooked.
- Put the omelette on a serving dish and garnish with a few mint leaves.
Here's yours onion omelette ready to be enjoyed with friends even away from home.
Recipes with onions
In the article dedicated tocold side dishes of vegetableswe saw how to prepare grilled onion lettuce or cucumber salad with chives and white spring onions. Here are two more recipes with onions:
- Cream of onion
- Recipes with shallots