We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
How to mount insulation panels: instructions for DIY assembly of thermal and acoustic insulation panels. How to mount insulating wall or roof panels.
Depending on the company we use, the costs of assembly of insulating panels they can be more or less expensive. Those who intend to save, can provide the iDo-it-yourself installation of the insulating panels.
According to your needs you can choose insulated panelsprefabricated with the most disparate characteristics. Once the purchase has been made, you can proceed with the assembly following our simple guide.
How to mount insulating wall panels
These panels, based on the characteristics and materials chosen, can be mounted oninternal or external wallsof the building. Someinsulating panels(especially those for interiors but on the market there are also for exteriors) have been developed to allow do-it-yourself installation without the need for any additional finishing; they are thermal or acoustic insulating panels, aesthetically pleasing created for interlocking assembly. As an alternative to panels with an aesthetic finish, it is possible to plaster the insulating panels to obtain the effect you most want.
Here's how to do thedo-it-yourself assembly of insulating wall panels:
- Measure the height interposed between the ground and the ceiling. Start cutting the panels one cm less than the measured height.
- Prepare an adhesive mortar and apply it in piles on the back of the panel. Apply a new layer of adhesive mortar at a distance of 40 cm from the previous layer.
- Fasten the first panel by gluing, continuing from top to bottom.
- Make the panel fit snugly against the wall. Use 45 ° beveled wedges to make sure to lock the panel to the ceiling.
- To allow the mortar to adhere perfectly to thewall to be insulated, tap lightly with a rubber mallet.
- Continue with the fixing of the other panels using the joints.
The joints are generally sold at the same time asinsulating paneland they can be visible or hidden. The joints are used to anchor the panels together so as to cover larger surfaces without the risk of leaving cavities. For the acoustic insulation of a wall, we advise you to read:how to soundproof a wall.
How to mount roof insulation panels
For thethermal insulation of the roof sandwich panels can be used to be laid directly on the load bearing structure of the roof and therefore on the starting strips along the eaves line, placed at the maximum possible slope.
Thedo it yourself assemblygodsroof insulation panelsit is much more complex than installing the panels on the walls. We advise you to take this path only if you are a real DIY building expert.
The right direction for assembly is shown on the sales package of the insulating sandwich panels: check this data because it is not standard and varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. According to the requirements, proceed from right to left (or vice versa) or from top to bottom (or vice versa). Here's how to proceed with themounting the insulating panels on the ceiling.
- Sandwich panels must be fixed with mechanical supports (steel anchoring screws) starting from the eaves and from the end of the building. Generally, when you buy insulation panels for the roof, an assembly kit with screws and various supports is supplied with the sales package.
- Before fixing new panels, checkalwaysthe alignment of the panels (or of the panel, in the case of the first) just installed. The various elements must fit together perfectly, leaving no empty spaces.
- After fixing the insulating panels, it will be necessary to continue with the new laying of the tiles.
If you have a flat roof, you can find some on the marketinsulating panelsad hoc, even of large dimensions. These panels were created to insulate the roof of industrial or commercial buildings that do not require the roofing of tiles. The sandwich panels can be covered with finishing elements in steel or metal of various colors.