We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Liquid soap do it yourself: instructions for making a liquid laundry soap with simple ingredients that are easily available at home.
Liquid soap is one of the most popular laundry products for housewives. Since it entered homes, it is preferred over traditional washing powder. It is simple to use and its compounds facilitate the washing of clothes.
Industrial liquid soap or DIY liquid soap?
However, it should be noted that industrial liquid soap contributes a lot to the pollution of seas and rivers! But not only. We know how much the active compounds of the soap can trigger allergic reactions in contact with the skin.
We must not underestimate the consequences of liquid soap in the drain when it inevitably solidifies; they can cause blockages and problems. In fact, statistics confirm that solidified soaps are among the main causes of clogged drain pipes.
In order not to give up the effectiveness of this product, without having to pollute the environment, we can make a liquid soap at home with simple and as natural ingredients as possible. In practice, a very cheap, simple and quick do-it-yourself liquid soap to make, like all the recipes that we have always offered you on our site.
Fortunately, there are 100% natural alternatives that allow us to save money without exposing our health and the environment to risks and dangers. Thanks to the extraordinary virtues of some ingredients that we certainly have in the pantry, we can create an ecological product, recycled and free of aggressive compounds.
Do it yourself liquid soap, what we need
The recipe that we will offer you not only guarantees perfect laundry, but also allows us to be able to recycle used vegetable oil, which has no place in the kitchen. Together with ingredients such as water and caustic soda, we can make a product of great quality.
- 1 kilo of caustic soda
- 2.2 liters of used and filtered cooking oil
- 14 liters of cold water
- 2 liters of ecological liquid soap
- 500 grams of percarbonate: in the case of laundry for white clothes
- Gloves and goggles
- Rather large plastic basin
- Wooden stick
Do-it-yourself liquid soap, how to prepare it
Before starting the preparation of the do-it-yourself liquid soap, it is good to carefully choose a ventilated space and away from pets and children; it can fit for example the garage, the terrace.
Once the right place for preparation has been identified, wear protective gloves and goggles: they are necessary in order to avoid accidents with the substances that will be used
- Pour 3 liters of water into the bowl then carefully add the caustic soda.
Stir with a wooden stick, being careful not to breathe in the vapors that are released from the mixture
- When the caustic soda has dissolved in the water, pour in the cooking oil and continue mixing until the mixture is uniform: it must have a homogeneous consistency
- Once this is done, add the mild liquid soap and continue mixing. If desired, we can add two liters of fabric softener to give our soap a more pleasant smell. Or flavored essential oils to achieve the same effect.
- Next, add the percarbonate. It only serves to give a whitening effect
- Once the soap has reached the desired consistency, place the bowl in a dark place and let it rest until the next day.
- After 24 hours, mix everything with the help of the wooden stick, add two liters of water and let it rest for another day.
- After the exposure time, the mixture will have thickened: it will have a consistency similar to that of mayonnaise.
- Add another two liters of water and repeat the same procedure every day for 6 or 8 days until the mixture resembles a shampoo
- At the end, transfer the soap into special bottles ready to be used.
Do-it-yourself liquid soap… let's summarize the benefits
- Thanks to the DIY liquid, we will no longer have to invest in expensive laundry products and, perhaps most importantly, we will be able to recycle used cooking oil.
- It is a perfect product for removing the most stubborn dirt, for removing stains from clothing, without damaging the fabrics.
- It does not pollute the environment since the compounds of this soap are biodegradable and free of harmful substances.
- It is a multipurpose product: it can also be used to clean floors, the kitchen and more ...
- It is a harmless product for health and skin as we do not expose it to the aggressive chemicals found in soaps that are on the market.
- In the washing machine we can combine this soap with a cup of white wine vinegar to have a softening effect without having to resort to other products.