We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Stomach ache: homemade natural remedies to relieve the symptoms of gastric acidity. Foods to avoid and recommended foods.
It is more and more common to suffer from heartburn. The medical term is heartburn and it is a burning sensation or pain in the esophagus caused by the regurgitation of gastric acids. The burning originates in the chest and, in some cases, passes to the neck, jaw and throat.
According to recent statistics, one third of the population has heartburn problems at least once a month. The causes depend on:
- Excessive consumption of food or alcohol
- Prolonged fasting
- Consumption of very fatty or very spicy foods
- Extra pounds
If you suffer from stomach acid frequently, you should consult your doctor or a specialist as it could be ulcers. If the burning is occasional, we can resort to specific antacids easily available in pharmacies but these are drugs that can have unwanted effects. In these cases, we can rely on natural remedies; they are equally effective and do not cause any contraindications.
What foods to choose?
The following foods can reduce the appearance of this terrible nuisance:
- Ginger: it can be consumed in the form of an infusion in boiling water and is also an effective stomach tonic
- Mustard: just take a teaspoon to relieve symptoms. It can be eaten alone or with a slice of toast
- Almonds: Eat two or three after lunch to avoid symptoms
- Baking soda: put a teaspoon in a glass of warm water and drink slowly to neutralize the acidity
- Oats: eat oat flakes for breakfast with milk or yogurt
- Banana: to eat before or after meals
- Apple cider vinegar: dilute a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water then drink the mixture in small sips
- Melon: the intake of a few slices of this fruit slows down the first revelations
- Fennel: promotes digestion and soothes burning
- Parsley: to be consumed fresh or chopped in dishes
- Papaya: aids digestion and calms discomfort such as heartburn
- Apple: helps digest food better
- Pineapple: to eat after heavy or large meals
- Cinnamon: Drinking green tea with a pinch of this spice improves the burning sensation.
Natural remedies for heartburn
To effectively remedy this crippling heartburn sensation, you can try some of these homemade natural remedies. These are simple remedies to prepare and with ingredients readily available at home.
- Prepare a juice with two lettuce leaves and four peeled carrots
- Transfer the vegetables to the blender and add a cup of water
- Blend for five minutes then strain the drink
- Drink in the morning on an empty stomach
Boil a sprig of absinthe with a cup of water. Cover with a lid, let stand. Drink before breakfast.
Boil a teaspoon of boldo leaves and an artichoke leaf in 250 ml of water for five minutes. Leave to rest then filter. Drink one cup a day for a month.
Boil a liter of water with 15 grams of dried basil then let it rest. Drink three cups a day after lunch.
Mix 20 grams of sage with 20 grams of lemon verbena in 250 ml of boiling water. Drink the infusion after eating.
Mix the egg white with two tablespoons of olive oil and drink the mixture several times a day.
Pour a few dates into a cup of boiling water. Filter the drink. To drink in the evening before going to bed
Useful recommendations: do not go to bed when this disorder occurs to prevent acids from the esophagus going up the throat.