We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Air fresheners: how to make a deodorant at home with the use of natural products. How to combine essential oils to obtain pleasant fragrances at home.
Being able to feel pleasant essences in every corner of the house makes your home definitely a more welcoming environment. Since it is a pleasant and widespread habit, there are many types of room fragrances on the market, with different fragrances for each room in the house.
However, many of the products on the market may turn out to be too strong or, on the contrary, too weak and not guarantee the desired effect. But not only! Many of these products contain harmful substances. Despite being cheap and distributed in different formats, it is now well known that their daily use can be very harmful to both the environment and health.
Fortunately, there are some natural alternatives that allow us to eliminate odors from our home without harming the environment. On this page we want to share with you a simple formula based on gelatin and essential oils to make an air freshener without harmful substances. Unlike those made with chemicals, our air freshener will give off a natural and pleasant smell to the nose without causing any consequences.
To make this deodorant we will need the tasteless gelatin and a few drops of essential oil. The fragrance can vary according to personal tastes, because it depends on the combination of oils used. It will also be possible to add dried flowers, shells or decorative elements that will certainly give a very original touch to the house.
The recipe that we will show you involves the combination of pine oil, lemon and orange in order to obtain a pleasant fragrance of fresh pine and citrus. Once the mixture has been prepared, you can keep it in small containers and then store them in strategic and closed spaces such as, for example, closets or the bathroom.
What we need
- 1 sachet of flavorless gelatin
- 500 ml of cold water
- 10 grams of salt
- 25 drops of pine essential oil
- 3 drops of lemon essential oil
- 2 drops of sweet orange essential oil
- 2 drops of bergamot essential oil
- 10 drops of dye
- 10 ml of vodka
- Decorative containers
How to proceed
- Pour 250 ml of water into a saucepan and let it boil over high heat
- When the water comes to a boil, add the tasteless gelatin and mix well with a wooden spoon until it is well dissolved
- Add the salt and remaining water and continue mixing
- In a separate bowl, pour the essential oils, add the dye and mix well
- Once this is done, transfer the mixture to the pot and continue stirring
- Turn off under the heat, add the vodka and pour the mixture into small molds or decorative containers
- Leave the mixture uncovered and wait a few hours until the mixture has solidified completely
- When it has acquired the desired consistency and aroma, place the deodorant in the spaces of the house that you prefer
The delicious aroma of this eco-friendly deodorant is effective in neutralizing unpleasant odors that are usually concentrated in certain areas of the house. You can place it near the garbage can, in damp rooms and in the entrance to bedrooms.
Remember that, even if its fragrance is not as strong as that of commercial products, it is healthier for both the environment and family members.
Air freshener, fragrances to combine
Alternatively we offer you different aromas that you can easily combine.
Basil and lemon
24 drops of sweet basil essential oil
8 drops of lemon essential oil
Orange and rosemary
21 drops of sweet orange essential oil
7 drops of rosemary essential oil
30 drops of lavender essential oil
Lavender, thyme and lemon
15 drops of lavender essential oil
5 drops of thyme essential oil
2 drops of lemon essential oil
For further information, please refer to the article "How to use essential oils at home"